Even if you’ve never cycled before, there’s time to train for next year’s Knysna Cycle Tour!
Here are some great tips for beginners:
- Get your bike checked out – You don’t want it to break down your first time out!
- Get yourself checked out – If you haven’t ridden in a long time, it might be wise to check in with your doctor to make sure you’re fit to start.
- Take it slow – So you’ll still be able to walk again the next day!
- Find a safe place to practise – It makes sense to regain your confidence on the bike in a secluded area versus lots of cars coming at you on a busy road.
- Brush up on the biking rules of the road – You don’t want to throw out the wrong hand signal or be riding on the wrong side of the road!
- HAVE FUN! – Just relax, enjoy the ride and take in all of the nature’s surrounding beauty.