- Darrvin is official e-bike partner of Knysna Cycle Tour
- Special Knysna Cycle Tour discount offered to buyers
- Knysna Cycle Tour entries are open
KNYSNA, South Africa, 18 March 2021 – South African e-bike brand, Darrvin, has joined the Knysna Cycle Tour as the official e-bike partner to the event taking place on 17 and 18 July 2021.
“We are very pleased to announce that Darrvin, a proudly South African brand, has elected to partner with us as our official e-bike partner for the 2021 Rotary Knysna Cycle Tour. With the huge growth in the e-bike market we had identified the need to include them across all our events, therefore partnering with Darrvin at this time is a great fit with our strategy,” says Ian Shrosbree, managing director of Knysna Speed Festival the organiser of the event.
As part of the partnership, anyone using the special coupon code EBA2021 when purchasing any model Darrvin e-bike online at www.darrvin.com or at any other Knysna Cycle Tour promotion will receive a R2000 discount off the sale price (be sure to mention your affiliation with The Knysna Cycle Tour 2021 in addition to the special coupon code).
Darrvin is an innovative e-bike design and build company, delivering exquisite hand-built precision and superior quality at an affordable, everyday price. The bikes are not off-the-shelf, re-branded products. Thoughtful design has led to a nimble, robust and highly efficient range of e-bikes suited to off-and on-road use.
While the brand is South African Darrvin Electric are sold both in the USA and EU markets.
“Darrvin bikes are first and foremost about great value, not necessarily tied into the price point, but rather the best quality product with top quality components and functionality, packaged into a beautiful simplistic design that is attractive and affordable . We focus on every individual component of the bike, and we keep sight of the whole as part of an integrated design. We also offer a comprehensive after-sales and support service,” says Gustav Erlank, one of the founding partners.
Key information on Darrvin e-bikes:
- The electric motor and control system is made by Bafang, a Chinese leader in e-bikes that has been making motors and systems from the early 1990’s with unparalleled quality and workmanship.
- The motor is a 350W unit delivering 80Nm torque.
- The governor is set at 35 km/h (most are set at 25 km/h). The bike can go faster, but the electric assist cuts out at 35 km/h.
- The battery is 48V*10.4Ah, a high capacity 500Wh. It recharges in 4-6 hours.
- The average cyclist can do 60-100Km on a single battery charge. (Further when nurtured)
- Darrvin stocks all replacement electronic parts and spare batteries on all model bikes.
- All other components are serviceable at any regular bike shop.
Entries for the 33rd Knysna Cycle Tour are open at www.knysnacycle.co.za
For trail riders, the core MTB elements will be the 80km, 50km and 30km races taking place on Saturday. The 15km Family fun ride (for riders 9 years and older) also takes place on Saturday.
Keeping up with international trends, the MTB race will feature e-bikes in three events – 30km, 50 km and 80km. With e-bikes giving older or injured riders a new lease on cycling life this class is set to grow very quickly over the next few years, and the Knysna Cycle Tour welcomes all e-bikers with open arms.
As has become tradition, the road races will bring the weekend to a close on Sunday with races of 50km and 100km. The road race will also allow e-bikes in both events.
Specialist elite and social riders, families as well as many MTB participants that did not get enough exercise in the previous day’s MTB races, will be putting rubber to the road. The challenging and scenic routes both leave Knysna along the beautiful lagoon road heading towards George before winding up towards the Outeniqua mountains and then returning to Knysna.
For more information please visit www.knysnacycle.co.za or call the race office at 044 382 7500
For more information on Darrvin e-bikes please visit https://darrvinshop.com/
Issued by Knysna Cycle Tour