PLEASE NOTE: All riders are required to ride with RaceTec Timing devices - either a timing chip for the Road Races or a RacTec timing board for the MTB Races - these can be purchased when entering the event.
RACE RULES (INCLUDING TERMS & CONDITIONS OF ENTRY)
All participants must comply with the following rules, terms and conditions. Disregard for any of them will be deemed sufficient grounds for disqualification.
The rules below are listed under three main headings, namely:
- SAFETY RULES
- GENERAL RULES including E-bikes, and MTB Road Riders
- TERMS & CONDITIONS
Every participant must:
- Wear a bicycle helmet, with the strap securely fastened tightly under his/her chin. NO HELMET, NO RIDE.
- Ride carefully and with due regard to the safety of other cyclists and road users.
- Ride as close to the left-hand side of the road surface as is safe to do, keeping in mind that motor vehicles may also be on the route. Participants must not cross the centre of the road, except as directed by a race marshal or traffic officer.
- Obey all traffic regulations and comply instantly with instructions from race and/or traffic officials.
- Make way for emergency vehicles.
- Ride in a predictable and responsible manner.
- Pull off the road to obtain refreshments or to do repairs, clearly signalling your intention to do so.
- The organisers reserve the right to cancel the event at any stage should they consider that it is not in the best interests of the participants to continue.
- The judges' decisions will be final.
- All decisions by timekeepers and race officials will also be deemed final. Any objections must be logged with the Race Commissar within thirty minutes of the participant finishing his/her race.
- Only conventional bicycles and conventional tandems may be ridden, except in Category A. BMX bicycles, MTBs and bicycles and tandems with discs or covered wheels are deemed to be conventional. Bicycles and tandems with fairings and attachments to improve airflow, supine recumbent, extended bicycles, tricycles, pedal cars, machines known as HPVs (human powered vehicles) and other similar machines are deemed to be unconventional. All unconventional machines, including unconventional bicycles and unconventional tandems are only permitted in Category A.
- Bicycles, tandems and other machines fitted with unconventional handlebars, including triathlon-bars, aerobics, clip-ons, prayer bars and cowbars are not permitted in any category.
- The organisers reserve the right to disallow the use of bladed wheels which they deem to be unsafe.
- All participants must:
- Be in their respective holding areas at least 30 minutes before the start of their race. Once in the area, participants may not leave.
- Complete the course under their own power.
- Provide reasonable assistance to any other participant involved in an accident.
- Accept responsibility for the proper control of his/her bicycle.
- Participants must not:
- Use personal music devices, radio communication devices nor mobile telephones whilst riding, except that members of professional teams may use radio communication devices if they are in accordance with UCI rules and regulations which can be found at www.cyclingsa.com.
- Ride with another participant’s timing chip or number.
- Give his/her participant number or timing chip to another participant.
- Use foul or offensive language or make offensive, indecent or inappropriate gestures.
- Wear clothing which is inappropriate for a family event.
- Dispose of litter along the route, except in designated receptacles.
- Smoke along the route, except in designated zones.
- Start, or attempt to start before his/her designated start group.
- Ride in the reverse direction, even after finishing.
- Ride the route more than once, without first obtaining permission to do so.
- Participate whilst under the influence of alcohol or any other drug or medication which prevents proper control of his/her bicycle
- The route will be shown on the map and it is the sole responsibility of the participants to familiarise themselves with the route.
- no use of GO-Pros or Drones is allowed while competing
- No racing must take place in the neutral zone.
- Seconding is not permitted along the N2 national road.
- No participant may carry a passenger. e.g. a child in a baby seat.
- Entry fees are not refundable.
- Entry forms must be clearly printed and completed in full. The organisers reserve the right to declare incomplete or illegible entry forms to be late entries.
- An additional late entry fee of R 150 will be charged for late entries for all MTB and Road Races. Entries close on 31 May 2020. Late entries will be accepted from 08 – 22 June 2020.
- Late entries will not be accepted at Registration nor on the morning of the event.
- Children under the age of 9 may not participate, except in the Knysna Spur Children’s tour.
- Children who are 9 years old, must be accompanied by an adult who will be directly responsible for them.
- The following minimum age limits apply to Mountain Bike events:
- 80 km MTB – 19 years
- 80 km MTB Elite – Elite riders only
- 50 km MTB – 15 years
- 30 km MTB – 10 years
- 15 km MTB – 9 years
- The following minimum age limits apply to Road Race events:
- 109 km Road – 16 years
- 109 km Road - Elite riders only
- 50 km Road – 12 years
- Age will be calculated as at 31 December 2019.
- Participants retiring from the race must hand their number to the Back Marker.
Definition of an e-bike for Knysna Cycle Tour.
An electric bicycle, also known as an e-bike or booster bike, is a (MTB) bicycle with an integrated electric motor which can be used for propulsion and must be combined with the ability to be pedalled by the rider, with motor assists only up to a rating speed of 25 km/h and motor power up to 250 watts.
Only e-bikes that are mountain bikes may enter the E-bike 30 km category - tyres must be knobbly mountain bike tyres. No recharging or battery replacement may take place during the event.
No electric road bicycles, scooters, skateboards, or motor bikes may enter this event.
ONLINE ENTRY TERMS & CONDITIONS
- A valid Credit Card is required to enter on-line.
- [When processing a Credit Card payment, please wait until a response is received from the Cardholders Bank! An entry is only confirmed and accepted once payment has been received!]
- Please print out the confirmation of entry once you have paid, and take it to with you to the Number Collection - you will be required to show this when picking up your number.
- Any entrant who enters online through this website agrees to the terms and conditions of the race. In addition, by entering online the entrant acknowledges and agrees that they participate in the race entirely at their own risk and agrees that they shall have no claim whatsoever against the race organiser and/or any sponsor or helper and/or the registration agent, Cycle Events, RaceTec, in respect of any damage, harm or loss suffered at, during or as a consequence of the race, including, but not limited to, damage, harm or loss to property, or damage, harm or loss arising out of the death or illness of, or injury to, any person or party.
- Once your entry has been completed and accepted, it may not be cancelled, and Cycle Events, RaceTec and the Event Organisers will not refund entry fees & merchandise if you are unable to ride for any reason.
- As per CSA Rules for 2019, you will be required to produce your valid CSA Licence or Provincial Affiliation at registration; or you will be required to purchase an Event Licence.
- RaceTec and Cycle Events reserves the right to any information that is provided. By entering the event, you agree to receive information about races via email & SMS from RaceTec and Cycle Events.
Entrants and participants (“participants”) in the Knysna Cycle Tour (“The Event”) acknowledge that although all precautions have been taken by the organising body to ensure the safety of all participants, there may be dangers inherent in participation in the Event and activities related thereto. Participants voluntarily assume the risks of attendance at and participation in the Event and hereby waive all claims of whatsoever nature and howsoever arising in relation to the Event or otherwise against any parties, including but not limited to the organising body, the sponsors, the advertisers, any local authority and/or directors, employees, suppliers and assistants of these parties, including any individual, PG Bison Southern Cape (Pty) Ltd, Denron, SANParks, Cape Pine, official, marshal or agent (“the Parties”). Participants hereby irrevocably indemnify and hold harmless the Parties against liability and claims of any nature whatsoever and arising (whether directly or indirectly caused and whether arising from negligence, albeit gross, or from the participation or involvement in or passage to or from the Event or otherwise) including but not limited to liability for delay, inconvenience, accident, death, injury, illness to their person, or loss or damage to property or costs and expenses sustained, incurred or put to by Participants and/or by any minor children under the care or control of Participants. Parents or guardians authorising a minor’s participation in the Event, which shall prima facie be evidenced by their signature on the entry form, hereby consent to such minor being bound to the afore going and further indemnify the parties to the extent, if any, to which such minor is not capable of waiving his/her rights as stipulated above.
I agree to abide by the rules of the Knysna Cycle Tour presented by Knysna Speed Festival (Pty) Ltd on behalf of Knysna Rotary. Parent/guardians of minors confirm by ticking this box that this minor (if under 21 years) may compete in this event.